Travels of Cosmo III: Billingbear

Billingbear House in 1669

Billingbear House, Berkshire in 1669 from Count L. Magalotti, Travels of Cosmo the Third, Grand Duke of Tuscany, through England during the Reign of King Charles the Second 1669 (1821).

Billingbear lay in the parish of Waltham St. Lawrence. The house was built by Sir Henry Neville (1520-1593), a younger brother of the 5th Lord Abervagenny. It was destroyed by fire in 1924.